At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We are on a mission to provide the world's best interconnected shopping experience; and to do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about reimagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it's like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Business Intelligence Engineer is responsible for analyzing large data sets to expose meaningful insights that drive business decisions for the Online Team. This role will design, develop and implement metrics, reports and dashboards to assist leaders in making data-driven decisions to meet business objectives. In response to the strategy of the BI team and Online leaders, this role maintains the
data warehouse and provides adhoc reporting.Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
Nature and Scope:
- 50%-Design and develop robust, user friendly applications, reports and dashboards using BI tools like Microstrategy and SAS
- 25%-Partner with leaders to identify needs and gather requirements. Provide solutions by building tools, reports and predictive models. Automate reporting as needed
- 25%-Research and document best practices and standards for using our BI tools. Provide insight on industry trends
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Position reports to Sr Manager or Manager, Online Business Intelligence.
- Position has no direct reports.
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time." />
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!