BI Platform Data Engineer
We are actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Technology Professionals who are passionate about engineering leading-edge business intelligence, visual analytics and data technologies to join our team (#ilovedata)! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large-scale reliable data applications and platforms to impact the way that Capital One does business. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight millions of customers!
As a Capital One Platform Data Engineer you will be working to support current analytics platforms while engineering new environments to support business intelligence and visual analytics in the cloud. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Big Data, AWS/Cloud infrastructure, and other analytics tools. You will be engineering the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems and administering these systems, but creating the reports or dashboards that will be products of these systems.
- Lead delivery of new BI and Visual Analytics Platforms while supporting existing technologies
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of analytical systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Works under broad direction. Is fully accountable for own technical work and/or project/supervisory responsibilities. Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Establishes own milestones and team objectives. Work is often self-initiated.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR.
- Analyze, define, design and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Develop, test, implement and document technical engineering solutions to assist business partners self-service their analytic needs
- Advise on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to Business Intelligence, Data Analytics and Data Science and can make correct choices from alternatives.
- Write and analyze queries, object oriented and/or scripting languages.
- Understand big data as well as cloud based data technologies and applications. Able to engineer solutions for the business to effectively utilize these data solutions while minimizing impact to system performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of experience administering and supporting a SAP Business Objects and/or Tableau platform
- At least 2 years of experience with scripting and query writing
- At least 2 years of experience working with diverse data sources, including both structured and unstructured data (#ilovedata)
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile methodologies
- At least 2 years’ experience with Windows Server and/or Linux server administration
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or equivalent
- 2+ years designing & implementing Cloud Services
- 2+ years operating & managing environments in AWS Cloud.
- 2+ years of experience in object oriented programming languages such as Python and Java
- 2+ years of experience with Hadoop & other Big Data Technologies #bigdata
- 2+ years of experience with advanced analytics technologies
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform, Tableau, QlikView or BI Security User administration certifications
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.