Power Information Technology
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
BI Solution Architect
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The BI Solution Architect will manage business expectations and measure organizational perception to drive focus and accountability. Understand business operations and market conditions to prioritize demand and protect position. Focus on program delivery to maintain and improve credibility. Solve business problems and build new capabilities through technology introduction and improvement.
* Lead business intelligence projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business or serve as a recognized expert in the specialized field.
* Develop deep technical understanding of current Power BI deployments and provide strategic infrastructure and solution guidance
* Provide BI technical architecture (application, data, network, cloud, hardware / system software) leadership in the hardware / software selection, design, development, deployment, and production support of new and existing applications
* Responsible for major and complex BI implementations and assignments with long-term business implications; this role contributes to the overall business strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise
* Coordinate with project teams and business analysts to maintain overall BI System landscape and promote application resiliency
* Maintain relationships across IM areas (such as infrastructure and operations) to support effective implementations and production operation
* Provide leadership and guide third party vendors throughout the systems development lifecycle, including code and test reviews, to ensure quality and conformance to the defined IM system architecture, standards and practices
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Ability and willingness to travel, as required
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Network, storage or virtualized / cloud computing infrastructure OR a Master's degree in a relevant technical area
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Effective change agent with demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results
* Demonstrated ability to lead and work in a matrix organization structure
* Strong program management skills including project initiation, scoping, resourcing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication
* Strong Communication skills
* Prior experience in enterprise architecture and BI infrastructure solution design
* Basic knowledge of database systems e.g., Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
* Strong knowledge of Oracle ERP and virtualization technology
* Understands concepts of setting and driving architecture direction.
* Familiar with elements of gathering architecture requirements.
* Understands architecture standards concepts to apply to project work.
* Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics.
* Coaches and mentors team members.
* Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components. Works to assure work is on-time and within budget.
* Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
* Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback.
* Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice.
* Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
* Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives.
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Atlanta, US or Bangalore, India
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.