With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Infusion Systems Bids Analyst will work with sales to expedite requests for proposals, leases, and bids (formal requests for information and pricing). Assist team with reviewing and processing of purchase orders. Draft agreements for sales to present to our customers and review upon signature and facilitate internal signature for processing. Strong analytical skills required for calculating financial analyses for leases, payment options, contract extensions and rentals. The accuracy of the work directly affects the efficiency and credibility of the department as well as the overall organization. The work requires daily interaction with various internal departments such as sales, marketing, legal, customer support, contract administration and sales finance. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Evaluate requests from sales and draft proposals based upon customer's needs.
- Calculate financial analyses as needed for leases and payment plan options.
- Work with general bids analysts, marketing, legal, sales, credit teams and other departments as needed interpret bid requirements, analyze data and prepare responses according to established guidelines.
- Assist with reviewing, obtaining necessary approvals and processing of purchase orders for capital equipment.
- Prepare Infusion Systems Analyses to determine financial requirements for bid/proposal/purchase/rollovers/extensions/leases. Submit to Credit Team for credit approval, Sales Finance for CMIII and appropriate sales manager, legal representative, marketing manager for approval as required.
- Record purchase order/bid/proposal data in appropriate logs for tracking and follow up as needed
- Work with Bids Supervisor and team on department projects and other duties as assigned.
- Respond to requests for information from sales force and customers in assigned territory in a timely fashion.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Needs advanced knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication/writing skills and stress tolerance a must.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work with all levels of management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Access.
- Must have the ability to operate various types of office equipment: telephone, copier, fax, printer, calculator and scanners.
- Ability to read and comprehend contract language. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization, as well as management.
- Ability to calculate figures, financial comparisons, analyses
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to adapt to frequently changing situations. Excellent organizational skills; ability to effectively manage time to perform a variety of tasks concurrently in a fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented; accurate; thorough. Critical thinking/analytical ability. Resilience/stress tolerance. Independent; able to work with little supervision yet be an effective team member.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 4 years of Finance Experience.
- In addition, experience using Sales Force.com, SAP and Business Warehouse is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.