What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for an exceptional Big Data Analyst to join our Network Support Systems Team. You will utilize big data tools to analyze data to identify opportunities to improve the Customer experience and drive actionable insights. You will also gather and maintain data across various platforms and extract and transform the data.
- Develop models and use cases for engagement and socialization with the business.
- Help to establish processes, methodologies and benchmarks for analytics with network data and technologies.
- Develop new programs and proof the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
- Proactively work with business users and source system analysts to understand and gain expertise in business process and data relationships.
- Analyze the solution impact on existing systems and process, and work with various teams to finalize the scope and depth of testing required for production deployment.
- Facilitate requirements elicitation sessions and walkthroughs with business and IT resources.
- Produce timely and high quality requirements-related work products, including requirement specifications, process flows, mock-ups and wireframes. Prepare project status reports and present project status reports to project stakeholders.
- Document in Confluence, analyze and assess current business processes and underlying systems/applications.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with ETL using DQL Server, Teradata, Hadoop.
- Experience with Python, R, HiveQL, C#, Tableau, Spark and Aster.
- Experience with developing models and use cases for engagement and socialization with the business.
- Ability to work independently and multitask under short deadlines based on general directions.
- Effectively worked with cross-functional teams and/or with various departments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.