Seeking a Product Development leader to lead our team on an exciting journey. A rare leadership opportunity available to lead Product Development for one of the world's most trusted brands - TurboTax.
Come join the Consumer Tax Group at Intuit!
We're looking for an innovative professional to join a world class leadership team as the Director of Big Data Product Development
Are you data driven? Do you like working with big data? Do you want to use data to help drive the direction of business that in turn impacts the lives of hundreds of millions of customers? If yes, we would love to talk to you. We're looking for a leader to lead our Big Data engineering team, to work closely with Analysts, Product Managers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers, to support innovation and roadmaps, by building the information architecture that informs and drives insights. You'll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry and use cutting edge technology, to see your efforts drive products innovation.
The ideal candidate will have strong data platform and data architecture skills, a proven track record of leading and scaling data teams, strong operational skills to drive efficiency & speed and strong organizational leadership.
Intuit is the global leader in financial management software. We have pioneered the shift to cloud computing for consumers, small businesses and those that serve them. We are rethinking how we can impact customer's financial lives so profoundly they would never go back to the old way. This means dramatically rethinking how we simplify taxes, finding new ways to help consumers save more money, and working with others to leverage the data we have to solve new problems. We are a fun exciting team, who want to deliver for our customers while driving innovations that impact the entire company. Our efforts to give back to the community, attract great leadership, and invest in our employees has resulted in us consistently placing in the top Great Places to Work.
Intuit prides itself on being innovative, bold and passionate. If selected for this role, you will have a direct impact on our short and long-term strategy, and play a critical role in redefining the experiences our customers have with our products. You will drive product development decisions and work closely with global Intuit development teams and leverage best practices. Position Responsibilities:
- Member of the product development leadership team for the Consumer Tax Group
- Set the technology strategy & roadmap, develop priorities and manage operating mechanisms that drive a highly effective and efficient product development organization
- Provide strong leadership for all technical teams to deliver on our strategy
- Partner with Product Management and Experience Design to drive the strategy
- Lead product development and partner well with architecture, product management, customer support, and marketing teams and Intuit central teams in service to delivering industry leading innovation and technical solutions
- Hire, mentor and develop outstanding teams and fostering an environment of growth both personally and organizationally
- Responsible to get all data into Intuit Data Cloud, enable KPIs in near real-time, improve analyst productivity from days to hours and power Data Driven Personalized experiences
- Build robust, fault-tolerant data pipelines that ingests, transforms, and aggregates data. Enable data for analysts, marketers and scientists, to easily innovate and experiment
- Provide timely, accurate and reliable data to power business decisions and customer experiences
- Drive a data-driven culture; craft and manage metadata, data security, data quality standards, data privacy & compliance policies
- Build cross functional relationships with Analysts, Data Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations.
- Define and manage SLA's for all data sets and processes running in production
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational & engineering excellence
- Minimum 10 years of experience in professional software development, 5 years managing teams of 25 people or larger
- A track record of leading transformational change and inspiring teams with a compelling vision
- Extensive experience leading software development in a services based environment implementing products in a SaaS and mobile environment
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and deliver complex products and platforms at scale with quality
- A software development craft expert with hands-on software development experience writing code
- Proven ability to be a strategic technology leader - can see the future state and leads teams there
- Provide the leadership and direction to create the environment that motivates a bright and technically diverse engineering organization in developing high quality and secure products on time and within budget
- Ability to attract, build and retain a highly engaged and capable world class engineering team that can deliver on technical and business strategies
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvements in organizational performance and efficiency, growth and career development for employees and innovation for customers
- Exceptional Project Management Skills; how to plan, set and manage to reasonable timelines, while delivering projects that align to the business strategy
- Partners across the org to deliver business results in a product ecosystem environment while communicating and influencing effectively
- Ability to work successfully in a complex, matrix organization leading through influence and direct authority across intact teams and larger organizations
- Expertise with big data solutions such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Streaming technologies and Column Oriented stores
- Experience in operationalizing data governance and data Quality through metadata
- Familiarity with the major big data solutions and products available in the market
- Expertise in creating and deploying best big data practices and methodologies
- Familiarity with Data Science, different modelling techniques - data modelling and/or predictive modelling
- Scaling big data technology teams
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Staff Data Engineer Tax Content Analyst 2 Senior Development Operations Engineer Architect Senior Software Engineer See More…
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.