Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Big Data Lead- Applications Support, responsible for delivering upon the Global IT AS support model. This position will be based out of one of the following locations- Raritan/Somerville/Skillman, New Jersey.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
J&J’s Data and Analytics team needs a Big Data Lead with a strong business focus to support our vision. The ideal candidate is creative, and a demonstrated leader/manager with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. This candidate should possess verifiable leadership qualities including being proactive, thoughtful, thorough, decisive, and flexible, conducting themselves professionally and with integrity at all times. The candidate is not just a policy maker/spokesperson but drives to get the right things done. At the core of the position is delivery.
As a part of the Data & Analytics Support team, you will be at the forefront of Big Data technologies interacting with the full breadth of AWS, Hadoop, Teradata, and SAP technologies. You will be working with passionate, driven, excited individuals who believe that providing world class technical support is critical to providing the best health care products in the world.
• Delivery of the Big Data support service in the North America, ensuring that service performance exceeds established SLAs; Manage the execution of the vendor performance while continually evolving Big Data support
• Instigate and lead innovation and proof-of-concept initiatives to continually improve support service
• Connect with global and service owners, technologist, architects, vendors and research organizations to shape service.
• Collaborate with enterprise business partners, Global Technology Solution groups, and internal Application Development and Support partners to craft strategies for both technology and services
• Execute and govern global standards including ITIL, SDLC, and Portfolio Management
• Responsible for Application Support Optimization execution providing a simple, scalable, cost effective service
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required.
• Minimum of six years of related IT work experience is required, with 5+ years in highly matrix large enterprise organizations preferred.
• Experience working with in one or multiple Big Data technologies (AWS, Teradata, SAP, Hadoop) is required.
• Experience and knowledge in two or more ETL & Integration tools like Informatica, BODS, Talend, Sqoop, Pig/Hive is required. Experience may not be in all technologies, but a breadth is required.
• Experience and a passion for optimizing, automating, and creating support process is required. Must drive technical leadership for software solutions.
• Candidates must be independent and flexible, with solid communication skills and strong customer focus.
• Ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is required.
• Ability to build, foster, and manage relationships as a service manager is required.
• Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Ability to recommend and encourage appropriate design and architectural decisions is required.
• Mentor high-performance teams disciplined attention to performance metrics, procedural guidance and continuous process improvement is required.
• Mastering of IT service management principles and practices is required.
• Exposure & understanding of Scrum, Agile software development concepts is required.
• Service specific certification in ITIL foundation is required based on the service.