Architects in the Big Data Pursuit Team will possess the following skills:
- Ability to gather and understand information discovery, business intelligence reporting, query, analytic, and real-time data processing requirements (including the underlying business requirements that drive selection of the tools) and effectively recommend solutions
- Ability to gather data management system requirements, position how and why Hadoop clusters, NoSQL databases, and data warehouses are deployed, and effectively recommend solutions
- Ability to gather data integration and data ingestion requirements from a variety of structured, semi-structured, and streaming data sources and effectively recommend solutions
- Ability to discuss tradeoffs in on-premise and cloud-based approaches, understand data transmission requirements, and suggest viable approaches
- Ability to apply information / enterprise architecture methodologies and best practices (such as TOGAF and Oracle's OADP) during discovery and recommendations and prepare appropriate deliverable
- Ability to communicate with lines of business and technical audiences
- Ability to apply knowledge of certain industries and uncover the drivers of potential projects
- Ability to apply expertise in Oracle products and strategies (and / or those of competitors) that provide needed solutions
- Ability to work with other team members and drive initiatives and initial project planning including architecture, value determination, targeted demonstrations, and proof of value testing with well defined success criteria
- Any knowledge of some or all of the following products would be considered beneficial: Oracle Advanced Analytics, Big Data Appliance, Oracle Big Data Connectors, Oracle Big Data SQL, Cloudera Hadoop, Oracle NoSQL Database, Oracle Big Data Discovery, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Event Processing and Big Data cloud services solutions.
- Financial Services Industry experience
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.