IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM Global Business Services is hiring Managing Consultants with subject matter expertise as a Big Data Analytics Solutions Architect with Hadoop experience.
- Be accountable for developing a comprehensive enterprise data architecture including data lake, data appliance, data warehouse, data movement, analytical, virtualization, visualization, decision science platform, etc. components
- Provides overall architecture leadership in the delivery engagement with key client stakeholders to drive strategy to implementation.
- Strong understanding data lake approaches, industry standards and industry best practices.
- Be accountable for defining and explaining best practices and usage patterns across the various components across the data ecosystem
- Be accountable for creating end-to-end solution design and development approach in a Hadoop/Spark environment
- Be accountable for integration solution design and development for integration Hadoop/Spark environments with analytic platforms
- Design, test, and continuously improve performance of Hadoop/Spark based solutions
- Expertly utilize distributed/parallel processing for information management solution design and development
- Perform hands on development, coaching and leadership through all project phases
- Provide advisory help in selecting products and components as part of sales solutioning
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.