We may be a bank, but we think and operate like a tech company. A tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products. A tech company that experiments and innovates with the latest technologies, where engineers breakthrough customer experiences, and brings simplicity and humanity to banking.
We began life in 1988 by harnessing the power of big data to create customized products that disrupted the credit card industry. Now we are doubling down on that big data strategy, and we are looking for great data engineers to join us.
As a Capital One Data Engineer, you'll be part of an Agile or platform team dedicated to breaking the norm and pushing the limits of continuous improvement and innovation. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will provide input into architectural design decisions, develop code to meet story acceptance criteria, and ensure that the applications we build are always available to our customers. You'll have the opportunity to mentor other engineers and develop your technical knowledge and skills to keep your mind and our business on the cutting edge of technology. At Capital One, we have seas of big data and rivers of fast data. To tame it all we're using tools like Spark, Scala, Akka, Cassandra, Accumulo, HBase, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB, and Mesos while focusing on moving our applications to the public cloud– and we're on the look-out for anything else that will help us.
Who you are:
What we have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in C, Java, or Scala
- At least 2 years of experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python
- At least 2 years of experience building data pipelines
- At least 1 year experience with leading big and fast data technologies like Spark, Scala, Akka, Cassandra, Accumulo, Hbase, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB, Mesos
- Master's Degree
- Experience with recognized industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques
- Familiarity with Agile engineering practices
- 2+ years of experience with Spark, Scala and/or Akka.
- 2+ years of experience with Spark Streaming, Storm, Flink, or other Stream
- 3+ years experience with NoSQL implementation (Mongo, Cassandra, etc. a
- 3+ years experience developing Java based software solutions
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.