Patient Account Representative - EO
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - The function of the Patient Account Representative is to act as an extension of the business office team for an assigned healthcare facility(s). This position is customer service focused and driven by a fast-paced dialer. The representative is expected to meet a variety of performance metrics while providing exemplary communication to the patients and hospitals that we serve. SUPERVISOR
- Unit Manager SUPERVISES
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform collections activity based on collection queue/production goals by making outbound and receiving inbound telephone calls from patients who owe medical bills.
- Provide first-rate customer service as top priority in a transparent environment as an extension of our client.
- Work in a multitude of healthcare patient accounting systems to assist patient in resolving account.
- Handle calls through an automated or manual dialing process.
- Maintain a working knowledge of client policies and procedures.
- Follow established call model to collect balance in full or secure payment arrangements prior to the account moving to Bad Debt.
- Maintain acceptable call quality as determined Compliance, Legal, Quality and the Management staff.
- Assist the Unit Manager or Team Lead in working priority reports promptly, effectively, and efficiently and serve as a mentor to new employees by assisting with their training and development.
- Work an appropriate number of accounts each month as determined by Management and use appropriate account maintenance on each account worked, including entering notes which detail actions.
- Escalate patient complaint calls as necessary to appropriate leadership for resolution.
- Accept constructive criticism and listen to recorded calls in an effort to improve call quality and collection dollars.
- Achievement of daily/weekly/monthly collection fee goals.
- Strict adherence to HIPAA, FDCPA, HiTech and all state and federal regulations relating to account collections and patient privacy.
- Adheres to and supports organizational IT&S standards, policies, and procedures.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of collections helpful, but not required.
- Demonstrated communication and problem solving skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly.
- Ability to collect, create and research complex or diverse information.
- Exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in customer service, medical billing or collections.
- Prefer experience providing training and feedback to less experienced associates and experience in production driven environment.
- Experience with standard office software products a must.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Occasional travel to division data center and/or other facilities may be required. OSHA CATEGORY
- The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom