No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
The Customer Care Order Management Analyst provides factory-based support to end-user customers, distributors and/or dealers seeking product information, possible technical information through prompt assistance to customers through various mediums acting as a customer advocate. Order management utilizes the knowledge and understanding of supply chain management processes and works side by side with clients to provide customizable logistic solution tailored to the individual customers' needs.
• Document customer interactions information within Cummins, strengthening the link between the customer and the factory
• Maintain a professional relationship with customers to increase loyalty in the Cummins' products while maintaining professionalism with composure and resilience
• Provide expert, direct, and prompt assistance to customers through various media platforms while acting as a customer advocate
• Resolve escalated customer issues through a broad understanding of Cummins processes, systems, and practices
• Ability to work in a cross-functional organization, building relationships, and managing conflict with customer
• Ability to escalate internally and externally as required providing documentation throughout process
• Contribute to the development of customer and knowledge database(s) by accurately and consistently recording customer contact information and Frequently Asked Questions
• Willingness to share information by providing assistance to peers while having openness to learning and contributing to the development of a positive work environment within customer care
• Assist with coordination of product information between business units, distributors, end users, etc.
• Support Six Sigma as a team member and input ideas into hopper
• Effective time management skills with multi-tasking capabilities
• Ability to be flexible with time constraints and scheduling if applicable
Customer Assistance Skill Sets:
• Analysts should be expert in the application of customer service knowledge/skill set in a wide range of work situations
• Possess expert skills in escalation management by providing prompt and accurate response to peers, customers, and leadership group
• Ability to interpret troubleshooting techniques to provide assistance to customers
• Ability to manage conflict and diffuse situations to provide optimal resolution
• Possess expert skills in planning, organizing, problem solving, attention to detail, accuracy, and professionalism
• Management of assigned accounts aligned with service level agreements that include but not limited to daily, weekly, and monthly reporting measures, communication with details, follow through with deliverables, etc.
• Able to advise of status at any time throughout the process of customer experience
Computer / Telephone Skills:
• Familiar with computer related programs such as Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc), Internet, Intranet, etc.
• Able to type 35 WPM
• Thorough understanding of applicable database systems (GOMS, Siebel, IMS, Red Prairie, and OBIEE) and ability to run reporting measures
• Able to demonstrate an understanding of manufacturing systems and the applicable processes
• Expert understanding of Cummins products for order management and data entry
• Strong knowledge of international shipping terms, procedures, and trading rules
• Strong knowledge of general sales procedures, pricing, letter of credit, and terms of payment
• Strong ability to understand, communicate with, and effectively interact with people across cultures
• Foundational knowledge of logistical concepts
• Able to set up testing situations for GOMS, Siebel, and SOMS
• Complete 8 hours of additional skills training and be able to demonstrate newly gained knowledge
(a) Order Management and Order Troubleshooting task items (included not limited to):
• Splash order rescheduling
• Parts sales status codes
• HHP order scheduling
• HazMat order identification
• Manual Quote
• PDC parts sourcing
• Transportation matrix and terms
• Drop ship processing
• IMS BOM identifying ( ESDS/ECDT/ECME/HMAL/HIAC etc)
• QSOL parts info searching
• Export compliance Inquiries (country of origin, Harmonized Tariff code, and
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills working as a team player
• Strong customer focused to build trustful business partnership
• Problem solving, and process improvement using A3, JDL, and Six Sigma methodologies
• Bilingual language (Spanish) skill is required
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
• High School Diploma required
• Associate's Degree preferred
• Proficiency in English & Spanish
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) tools
• Demonstrable excellent workload management skills: ability to organize, plan and prioritize one's own workload and other role-specific administrative tasks within the scope of an assigned portfolio of customers
• Outstanding communication and customer service skills: ability to communicate effectively via email and phone is a must; ability to conduct, facilitate, and advise in complex, business-critical discussions with customers; conflict resolution skills, ability to work under pressure as part of a team
• Strong relationship-building skills: the ability to build and manage relations with peers, as well as with internal and external customers in accordance with agreed customer service standards; efficient handling of queries and escalations
• Detail oriented with a good track record of using analytical and problem-solving skills: ability to work with and interpret complex documentation, policies and internal processes, as well as to identify and address data discrepancies in internal systems
• Quick, independent learner able to grasp a variety of technical and industry-specific concepts, including understanding the principles of functioning of diverse hardware platforms, data and system interdependencies, as well as any related policies and guidelines
• Ability to work in a fast paced, goal-oriented environment: meeting agreed performance and quality targets; demonstrable self-reliance and flexibility in the workplace
• Minimum 3 years' customer service experience supporting order management
• Previous experience of using Customer Relationship Management systems, i.e. Siebel or Sales Force
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.