Develop and interpret financial concepts for financial planning, forecasting, modeling and internal controls. Assist in conducting technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Assist with gathering, analyzing, preparing and summarizing recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts. Conduct routine economic research and studies in the areas of rates of return, depreciation/amortization, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental and industry requirements.
Work is typically performed under general supervision, receiving some guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed and how to complete some assignments. Able to exercise moderate level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks and prioritizing work. Work is typically completed by following established policies and procedures.
- Prepares and analyzes income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements and reports
- Analyzes financial reports, making studies or recommendations relative to the accounting for reserves, assets, expenditures, revenues, etc.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations, and plant
- Performs standard financial analyses on cash flows, operating results, and business plans to determine rates of return, capital/cash flow requirements, etc. Prepares forecasts and analyses on industry and general economic trends.
- Prepare product line profitability analyses.
- Assists department managers with budgeting process. Plan, develop, prepare, input and maintain company's budgets. Design budgets to include monthly, quarterly and yearly reports, and display revenues and expenses.
- Forecast accurate and timely cash flow projections, sales projections, and expense projections.
- Serves as resource for management in effecting efficiency and cost improvements
- Serves as resource for local facility in application of RR Donnelley finance practices
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.