Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
With general direction, this role performs a variety of routine and non-routine moderately complex billing functions to ensure the proper preparation of accurate and timely bills to customers based on service contract terms and also is responsible for related activities. This role typically entails responsibility for customer accounts with complex billing arrangements due to contractual or statutory requirements.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Have MS Excel skills at an intermediate level.
• Demonstrated ability to follow standard operating procedures and instructions to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
• The ability to effectively interact and communicate with division managers as well as customers in a professional manner.
• Must be able to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Good math aptitude and the ability to work accurately with numbers are essential.
• Directly related experience in which incumbents have worked with customers in a billing function in a service based industry.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of billing transactions and processes.
• Following standard operating procedures, this role prepares monthly billing adjustments, obtains required approvals and enters adjustments into the billing system.
• Researches and resolves routine and non-routine billing questions and discrepancies. Following standard operating procedures, determines the appropriate adjustment codes to process the transaction.
• Reviews invoices for completeness and accuracy. Follows up with customers or other division staff/management to resolve identified discrepancies.
• May calculate and prepare manual billings for non-routine, complex billing arrangements.
• May gather and summarize supplemental billing information to accommodate customer billing requirements.
• Reviews various billing system reports to identify billing discrepancies. Makes corrections as appropriate to ensure accurate billing following standard operating procedures.
• Posts cash receipts to customer accounts based on information from lock box reports and local cash receipt listings. Performs basic and routine research to resolve differences or unidentified / misapplied payments.
• Posts payments as appropriate into the billing system to clear open obligations, or prepares remittance advices to accompany payments sent to the lock box or corporate office.
• May accept credit card payment from customers over the phone and process recurring payments.
• May complete customer set up in company billing system(s).
• May act as a resource for less experienced personnel within the division or other divisions. This includes answering questions and providing training and support for others.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• A minimum of eighteen months related billing experience.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.