JOB SUMMARY: The Billing Processor researches and resolves gas and hard goods drop ship invoice holds by compiling and matching documents, i.e., invoices, purchase orders and customer orders to substantiate business transactions. Verifies vendor shipments and prices. Contacts salesmen, store personnel, customer service and/or purchasing agents to resolve discrepancies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following:
• Ensures all drop ship billing paperwork and associated SAP system data is accurately completed; including coding, costing and pricing.
• Assists internal associates with questions about their customers drop shipments.
• Communicates with customers and sales reps about billing, and sales administration matters.
• Timely customer billing of drop shipments.
• Control of customer shipments according to approved credit policies
• Daily reconciliation of bulk gas inventory at fill plants and in bulk trucks.
• Perform order entry tasks for bulk and beverage gas sales.
• Issues purchase orders upon receipt of approved requests.
• Administers electronic billing programs.
• Assist with other financial and administrative support tasks as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience with billing and/or accounting a plus.
• "Client service" mindset and the ability to use collaborative and non-adversarial approaches in achieving diverse goals.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess:
• Solid organizational, team-building and people skills. The ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to assume increasing responsibilities in a rapidly-changing environment.
• Ability to understand the impact on new technologies on processes and costs.
• Experience integrating new technologies into day-to-day operations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 2 years of billing and/or experience.
• C omputer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Experience with SAP and/or ERP systems a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a busy environment.
• Ability to accurately use a calculator 10-key by touch preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, regulations and legal documents.
• Ability to effectively present information to associates, top management and branch personnel.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to efficiently and effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Limited business travel, on an as needed basis.
• Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
• Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.