**Requisition ID:** 27552BR
**Job Title:** Billing Processor
**Division:** 3010: CSI - Cincinnati Hauling
**Location:** 39003: Cincinnati-11563 Mosteller Rd
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
With direct supervision, this role performs a variety of routine billing functions to ensure the proper preparation of accurate and timely bills to customers based on service contract terms and also is responsible for related activities.
• Following standard operating procedures, this role prepares monthly billing adjustments, obtains required approvals and enters adjustments into the billing system.
• Researches and resolves routine billing questions and discrepancies. Refers unusual problems to higher level personnel.
• Reviews invoices for completeness and accuracy. Follows up with customers or other division staff/management to resolve identified discrepancies.
• May calculate and prepare basic manual billings for non-complex billing arrangements.
• May gather and summarize supplemental billing information to accommodate customer billing requirements.
• May review various billing system reports to identify billing discrepancies. Makes corrections as appropriate to ensure accurate billing following standard operating procedures.
• Posts cash receipts to customer accounts based on information from lock box reports and local cash receipt listings. Performs basic and routine research to resolve differences or unidentified payments.
• Posts payments as appropriate into the billing system to clear open obligations, or prepares remittance advices to accompany payments sent to the lock box or corporate office.
• May accept credit card payment from customers over the phone and process recurring payments.
• May complete customer set up in company billing system(s).
• May have limited contact with customers to assist with researching billing questions and providing copies of the support documentation.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Directly related experience in which incumbents have worked with customers in a billing function.
• A good knowledge and understanding of billing transactions and processes.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
• Some related accounting or office experience.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Should have basic MS Excel skills.
• Demonstrated ability to follow standard operating procedures and instructions to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
• The ability to effectively interact and communicate with division managers as well as customers in a professional manner.
• Must be able to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Good math aptitude and the ability to work accurately with numbers are essential.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.