Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
WM Strategic Business Solutions (SBS), located in Windsor, CT, is responsible for managing WM's largest, most prestigious national customers. SBS serves as the one-stop shop for the largest corporations in the US. Through industry leading reporting, centralized billing & service, and pricing, WM SBS provides an exceptional value proposition to our customers. With approximately 600 dedicated employees, a state of the art customer management system, and the goal of expanding into international markets, WM SBS is helping WM transform our industry. I. Job Summary
With limited supervision, this role performs a variety of analytical billing functions and related activities to ensure the proper preparation of complete, accurate and timely bills to maximize client satisfaction and drive cash flow. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Audits invoices to prepare a centralized bill for 10 to 20 standard bill (no complexity) National account customers.
- Ensures invoices and bills are in compliance with specified contract terms for that client.
- Compiles/analyzes the billing activity for Waste Management and 3rd party service providers.
- Processes 3rd party service provider invoices in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment for various locations.
- Complies with all applicable Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements for audit reviews.
- Maintains the integrity of the systems, and utilize all system tools to ensure accurate work on a daily basis.
- Effectively provides excellent customer service to external and internal customers.
- Researches and reconciles A/R balances when needed.
- Provides proper management of unbilled charges.
- Participates in special projects as assigned or needed.
This job has no direct supervisory duties IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: 1 year of relevant work experience in Billing or Accounting (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Can gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Candidates must be able to develop alternative solutions to problems, work well in group problem solving situations, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Is able to adapt to changes in the work environment, can change approach or method to best fit the situation. Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Must have a basic understanding of a Microsoft Excel environment.
- All candidates MUST possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Internal candidate must be performing in an above average capacity in their current position, be an employee in good standing and have at least 12 months service in their current position.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.