Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Move your Career forward with Airgas as a Billing Specialist in Independence, OH!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you! GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Special Handling Billing Specialist is responsible for the daily task of billing customer accounts. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ensures that customer billing is processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs web-based customer billing.
- Creates and maintains Excel spreadsheets that will be used to provide customers with required billing data.
- Escalates issues and errors to management, as necessary.
- Participates in departmental projects/initiatives as they arise.
- Assists supervisor with research on customer invoice inquiries.
- Responsible for setting-up new Special Handling accounts and following-up with customers regarding any special requests.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. REQUIREMENTS:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Prior billing experience in a customer service-oriented environment preferred.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as a demonstrated ability to utilize financial applications. Ability to train new employees and to answer questions regarding job procedures and issues. Including having the ability to adjust to others needs and learning styles.
- Exhibits customer focused behavior such as building positive relationships and strives to understand customer's needs, both internal and external.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills with the ability to make independent decisions based on investigation and judgement as well as ability to discern when to escalate issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to adjust communication method based on customer situation.
- A positive approach and willingness to learn coupled with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to live by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's responsibilities.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.