Praxair Distribution, Inc., a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Billing Specialist for our Ankeny, IA location.
The Billing Specialist will be responsible for specific billing processes by executing necessary steps to create daily invoices or special billing documents per team guidelines. This position will help streamline process steps and use root cause analysis to resolve moderate-to-complex billing problems that could occur. The Billing Specialist will work directly with vendors, region, and Praxair business personnel in the resolution of issues preventing timely and accurate invoicing in JDE.
• Be responsible for providing daily invoices and special bills to customers for a variety of different order processing in JDE.
• Be aware of the company’s policies and procedures for each billing process within the team workflow.
• Review and research open order report. Ensure billing is completed timely and accurately.
• Initiate contact with branch locations to resolve ticket – invoice differences.
• Create and maintain successful partnership with the region to improve results and coordinate necessary research through cooperation with the field personnel.
• Engage vendors and personnel from other Praxair businesses to resolve billing issues.
• Implement significant process improvements to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of billing processes.
• Provide reporting/analysis to management recapping billing activity, open orders, and unresolved issues.
• Perform monthly reconciliations of all tickets selected.
• Keep management informed of any issues that cause a delay or problem with timely billing.
• Perform other duties and projects as apparent or assigned.
• HS diploma/GED required
• Knowledge of OBIEE preferred
• Familiarity with contract pricing and sales order systems in JDE preferred
• 2 years JDE application/program experience
• Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Excel
• Keystrokes: 10,000 per minute
• Customer service skills
• Ability to work in fast paced environment
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Acting with integrity
• Punctuality and dependability
• Determination and resourcefulness
• Working successfully in a team environment
• Extensive knowledge of JDE 9.0
• Detail oriented
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Excellent time management with an ability to work independently
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.