As a Billing Specialist
you'll be the voice of our company, handling incoming calls from our current customers and helping them translate billing expectations into real world terms. The Billing Specialist position has an advanced career path that could accelerate your development within the first 12 months. Location and Hours:
*When you start working every other Saturday or Sunday, you will receive a day off during that week. Qualifications: IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 1 Griffin road North, Windsor CT 06095
- Start Date: November 13, 2017
- Training Hours: M-F 10:30 am - 7:00 pm EST
- Post Training Schedule: M-F 10:30 am to 7:00 pm and every other Saturday or Sunday 9:30 am - 6:00 pm EST
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy talking with and assisting customers over the telephone.
- You have the ability to multi-task - talk to customers while simultaneously accessing the computer system.
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Responsible and dependable to adhere to assigned work schedule
- You have a minimum of one year of work experience, preferred
- Use active listening and critical thinking skills to quickly analyze and resolve both routine and complicated work requests.
- Operate under the mindset of The Hartford's Behaviors: Deliver Outcomes, Operate as a Team Player, Build Strong Partnerships and Strive for Excellence
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance.
- The salary for the Billing Specialist position is $27,040 a year ($13/hour) with the opportunity to earn more.
- 5% shift differential after training for working every other Saturday
- Monthly incentive plan, after training is complete
Don't just apply for a job. Apply your passions.
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance - EFFECTIVE ON DAY ONE!
- 19 days paid time off in your first year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program, including gym membership reimbursement
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Healthy work/life balance
- Excellent growth potential
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT WORKING AT THE HARTFORD?
- Once you apply online you'll receive a link via email to complete an automated assessment. Please complete the assessment within 48 hours as it will be deactivated.
- Add NoReply.Talent@TheHartford.com to your contacts to avoid emails from The Hartford being directed into spam.
The company is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity in the workplace and inclusive behaviors in our employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Join us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Join our group on LinkedIn
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD