Parallon, a leading health care company is offering a great opportunity. We are looking for dynamic candidates to be part of our team. We offer excellent relocation and benefit packages, including 401K, bonus potential, tuition reimbursement, medical and dental plans, flexible spending plans, long-term/ short -term disability, and generous paid time off!
We are in need of experienced Billing Specialists for our Service Center here in Norcross. You will be part of a team overseeing accounts for 22 hospitals located in Georgia, South Carolina, Nevada and California. This is a challenging, metrics-driven environment that requires a self-starter. We offer many opportunities for career growth.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for processing claims electronically (or via mail if required) to third party payers, working all billing vendor edits including Medicare Service Center daily unbilled reports, working account delays daily from the hospital bill alert reports and posting correct late charges to accounts. This is an as needed position meaning that the hours and shift will vary Duties (included but not limited to):
- Resolves claim edits based on documented processes in the electronic billing system
- Communicates edit trends to Team Lead/Manager/Director
- Reviews unreleased claims daily in order to resolve and release to the payer
- Resolves requests in all designated billing queues in eRequest and CRT daily
- Completes secondary claim releases daily
- Reviews the COMP:MED001 report daily of post final bill coding changes and rebills as required
- Documents Artiva collection system, eRequest communication system or Relay Assurance billing system related to activities completed for claim release
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One year of related experience required.
- Hospital billing experience required
- Billing Specialist (As Needed) must have Hospital Billing Experience