Work is typically performed independently. Receives instruction/guidance from manager/supervisor about the work when assistance is requested or when assigned new tasks. Able to exercise moderate level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks and prioritizing work. Work is typically completed by following established policies and procedures.
- Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products.
- Inspect equipment for safety issues.
- May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs.
- Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine.
- May direct crew though all aspects of production.
- Monitor quality, output and productivity.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.