- Primarily, set up, adjust and operate die cutter/cutter machines.
- Thorough knowledge of the set up, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations of one or more bindery machines to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating and cutting of printed materials to complete a combined finishing product.
- Inspect equipment for safety issues.
- Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine. Direct crew though all aspects of production.
- Monitor quality, output and productivity.
- Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing bindery requirements which indicate the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and to maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided; independently makes decisions on the type of equipment to be used.
- Knowledge of the quality and machining requirements of various coated and uncoated types of paper stock.
- Skill in setting up and adjusting machines for finishing operations and to refine such adjustments for the weight, color, machinability and quality of paper stock being used and to prevent machining impressions on the printed materials.
- Skill in using the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines.
- May set up, adjust and operate a variety of other auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products.
- Position requires the ability to lift 20 to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 lbs. of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- This is a 3rd shift opportunity (11:00 PM to 7:00 AM)
Five (3-5) Years cutting/folding experience in a Bindery operation.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.