Wetzel Brothers, an RR Donnelley Company, is an industry leading provider of point of purchase displays and in-store marketing solutions. We are a creative organization that specializes in innovative end-to-end solutions for our customers, large format offset and digital printing, in-house fulfillment and distribution. Our unique offerings provide continuous growth opportunities for the future. Come join our team and contribute to the next break-through in-store marketing campaign. Wetzel Brothers is seeking a Kitting Supervisor who will be in charge of monitoring and directing employees and Line Leads on their designated job line. They will be responsible for communicating with Bindery Manager on job details, as well as organizing, documenting and monitoring the job through the bindery line.
- Responsible for first-line direction of non-exempt employees involved in kitting operations.
- Reviews production schedules, material and manpower resources.
- Assigns employees to maximize production objectives, maintain quality and attain output requirements.
- Informs assigned employees of production and material problems and coordinates with support groups to resolve problems affecting schedules.
- Ensure staff is trained and practices safe work habits when operating equipment.
- Resolve production issues that arise and keep management informed of issues. P
- Anticipate in establishing and modifying operational methods and processes by recommending changes in materials, equipment and procedures.
- Maintain a variety of reports, records and production documentation to reflect schedules, performance, methods and the like.
- Monitor output, cycle times, routings, and quality indicators of the kitting operation.
- Resolve issues that arise and reinforce positive findings with teams and supervisors.
- Work with other department managers such as QA, Production, Planning etc. to resolve difficult or recurring production problems.
- Emphasize importance of maintaining and operating equipment and keeping work areas clean from debris.
- Respond to and report on injuries, investigate cause and recommend means to prevent re-occurrence.
- Assess quality of product during various stages of production for the area supervised.
- Communicate issues to appropriate staff to make adjustments or corrections. Take corrective action on issues and engage appropriate departments to resolve issues.
- Carries out manager's responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and other system documentation including applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assisting, and directing work including vacation schedules; performance evaluations; rewarding and disciplining employees. Maintains positive and effective relationships with employees. Assigns crews for overtime. Achieves a high level of employee efficiency and morale through strong consistent leadership and the use of sound management and human relations principles.