Bachelor of Science degree with at least 4 years of experience in biopharmaceutical assay development and quality control environment or MS with at least 2 years of experience in biopharmaceutical assay development and quality control environment
Why GSK? Because GSK's Biopharm business vision is to leverage its experience and technical capabilities to launch, supply, and manage Biopharmaceutical products around the world. It will fulfill GSK's Mission to Do More, Feel Better, and Live Longer by living its values: Integrity: Always doing the right thing; Commitment to the Patient: Making the Patient the #1 Priority; Customer Service: Commit to delivering on promises to internal & external customers; Compliance - Being accountable for quality and safety.
GSK Biopharm in Rockville MD has an opening for a Biochemist. In this role, you will perform quality sampling, testing, and data review for in-process biopharmaceutical materials, active biopharmaceutical ingredients and finished bulk drug substance.
• Coordinate routine in-process biopharmaceutical materials, bulk biopharmaceutical ingredient, finished biopharmaceutical product and stability sample testing with testing labs.
• Conduct, documents and review (as needed) routine compendial, chemistry, immunology and molecular biology analytical testing for in-process, release and stability samples per SOP.
• Train new analysts for compendia and other analytical test methods per training plans as needed.
• Operate and maintain QC laboratory equipment/instrument in a cGMP-compliant manner.
• Advanced knowledge in cGMP, CFR and other regulations in order to assure laboratory compliance.
• Evaluate laboratory SOPs and recommend improvement opportunities to maintain compliance with corporate and regulatory guidelines. Develop and/or revise laboratory SOPs as required. Must have good technical writing skills and high attention to detail.
• Use QLIMS as a tool to track laboratory reagents, samples, testing data. Keep analytical batch in QLIMS. Trend analytical results as needed.
• Lead in investigation and assay trouble shooting. Advanced knowledge of analytical instrumentation and methods with strong technical and interpersonal skills (ability to work in a team environment).
• Lead in compendia methods and other analytical method qualification/validation/transfer. Write and/or review protocols and reports.
• Compile reports and trend assay data.
• Trained as an L1 Auditor and participate in >25% of department's L1 Inspections.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.