Biological Data Scientist (DDM)
Location: Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Posted: January 28, 2017
Reference ID: WD105889
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• MS or equivalent with relevant experience in Computational Science
• Evidence of a broad knowledge of computational sciences which will include a deep knowledge of one or more areas of machine learning and analysis of high content datasets
• Demonstrated ability to build robust statistical models from large scientific data sets
• Demonstrated ability to utilize computer programming and scripting languages such as R, C/C++, Python or Java.
• Evidence of identifying, developing, and applying innovative solutions to scientific and technological problems faced in the Life Sciences
• Evidence of strong critical thinking skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with scientists in other disciplines, in particular bioassay scientists, with a positive, collegial, collaborative attitude
• A keen interest or some background in Biology
• PhD in a STEM discipline
• Demonstrated skills in building models based on high content biological data
• Demonstrated skills to programmatically collect, combine, mine and analyze complex biological and chemical data
• Experience with scientific pipelining tools such as Pipeline Pilot or Knime.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.