Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's Healthcare Technologies business is the largest independent provider of healthcare technology management solutions in North America, providing tailored solutions for Clinical Equipment Optimization, IT Integration, Capital Planning and more. Through our world class Technology & Innovation Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, we underscore our commitment to providing customers with deep technical expertise and insight-driven innovation. Learn more about us by watching this video and visit us on the web .
Description: The Biomedical Equipment Specialist maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Plan and the Aramark Healthcare Technologies Program. Spend approximately 70% of time performing a variety of tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of complex biomedical equipment in a specialty area.
- Serves as resource and provides assistance to other staff in areas concerning specialty, including providing training and instruction to others on specialty equipment. Travel across multiple sites may be required.
- Provides instruction to equipment users on electrical safety, safe operation, and care of equipment.
- Provides alternate solutions for critical issues to higher level for approval prior to implementation.
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Repairs, installs, inspects, troubleshoots, and calibrates equipment in specialty area and is familiar with most classes of clinical equipment. Performs planned maintenance and electrical safety inspections.
- Uses office automation hardware and software applications and diagnostic service software appropriate to the equipment being serviced.
- Makes decisions on a majority of complex issues that are broader based, using general policy guidelines.
- Assists with administrative responsibilities associated with the performance of duties including work order control, history records, PM and safety inspections, purchase requests, repair parts and clinical equipment inventory.
- Maintains documentation required by management and as outlined by current policies and procedures.
- Documents time and expenses in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of new equipment, accessories and supplies in area of specialty.
- Assists in writing detailed purchase specifications for new equipment.
- Supervises and maintains quality control of services provided by outside vendors.
- AAS Degree in Biomedical Technology or equivalent in Military or experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment, with at least one year directed towards the specialty area.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook required).
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.