Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description About Healthcare Technologies
Aramark's Healthcare Technologies business is one of the largest independent providers of healthcare technology management solutions in North America, providing tailored solutions for Clinical Equipment Optimization, IT Integration, Capital Planning and more. Through our world class Technology & Innovation Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, we underscore our commitment to providing customers with deep technical expertise and insight-driven innovation. Learn more about us by watching this video and visit us on the web . Position Summary
Maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Program and HCT business standards. Performs a variety of routine tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of a limited scope of biomedical equipment under the guidance and direct supervision of an experienced BMET. Adheres to instructions and corporate policies, and demonstrates professionalism with integrity in all interactions with customers and staff. Essential Functions
- Works with an experienced BMET in the installation, maintenance, and repair of biomedical equipment.
- Exercises sound judgment, and consults with higher level authority for resolution of difficult issues.
- Conducts departmental rounds with customers to promote communication and learn operations.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, nurses, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- Communicates routinely with supervisory personnel on the status of equipment repair and maintenance activities along with immediately reporting all patient/equipment operator safety issues.
- Under appropriate supervision, performs assigned duties in accordance with current policies and procedures, including scheduled maintenance, equipment inspection, installations, repairs, adjustments, calibrations and safety testing of less complex biomedical equipment, such as infusion pumps.
- Performs basic administrative tasks associated with the position, including parts ordering and returns, and email correspondence.
- Possesses knowledge of electrical safety theory, and performs repairs and electrical safety testing on biomedical instrumentation.
- Provides strong verbal/written communications consistent with assigned tasks.
- Establishes and maintains supporting technical literature.
- Uses office automation hardware, software and diagnostic service software appropriate to the equipment being serviced.
- Makes decisions based on clear instructions and operational rules and procedures.
- Shows initiative, follows established procedures, and works in a safe manner.
- Documents time and expenses in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prioritizes work load effectively with support from higher level authority.
- Adheres to performance metrics of SM completion, call closure, parts returns, ETTR & uptime and others as assigned.
- Knowledgeable about service delivery plans.
Deliver Financial Commitments
- Maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation required by management, as outlined in current policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates initiative and concern for planning, time utilization and cost containment.
- Basic knowledge of Computerized Medical Maintenance System (CMMS).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable trade areas.
- Listening skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook required).
- Results oriented.
- Maturity, self-development, and integrity.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Basic CE-IT knowledge.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree in biomedical equipment technology or electronics and 3 months experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment .
- 1-2 years military training, or other experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
- Should have a working knowledge of general biomedical technology safety and repair equipment, such as a safety analyzer, pressure meter, and infusion pump analyzer.
Travel & Other Requirements
- Valid Driver's License may be required.
- Little to no travel required.
May be required to work flexible hours, including on-call and overtime.