Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's Healthcare Technologies business is the largest independent provider of healthcare technology management solutions in North America, providing tailored solutions for Clinical Equipment Optimization, IT Integration, Capital Planning and more. Through our world class Technology & Innovation Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, we underscore our commitment to providing customers with deep technical expertise and insight-driven innovation. Learn more about us by watching this video and visit us on the web .
Description: The Biomedical Equipment Technician II maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Plan and the Aramark Healthcare Technologies Program. Performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of biomedical equipment with minimal supervision.
- Conducts departmental rounds, and demonstrates exceptional customer service, while interacting effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- Conducts cross-training in the techniques of testing, calibrating, operating and troubleshooting biomedical systems for less experienced BMET's.
- Communicates routinely with supervisory personnel on the status of equipment repair and maintenance activities along with immediately reporting all patient/equipment operator safety issues.
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with current policies and procedures, including equipment inspection, repairs and planned maintenance.
- Installs, repairs and calibrates most classes of clinical equipment.
- Performs planned maintenance and electrical safety inspections.
- Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories and supplies.
- Assists with the administrative responsibilities of the department, including work order control, maintenance history records, PM and safety inspection requests and repair parts inventory records.
- Uses office automation hardware, software and diagnostic service software appropriate to the equipment being serviced.
- Orders parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of medical equipment.
- Helps maintain technical literature library.
- Completes assigned work in a timely manner.
- Works under minimal supervision; generally organizes and prioritizes workload.
- Supervises and maintains quality control of services provided by outside vendors.
- Inspects incoming equipment for compliance with codes, standards and manufacturer's recommendations.
- Assists in the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department.
- Performs duties assigned by Supervisor in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of current regulatory agencies, and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that apply to the clinical equipment.
- Provides input for service delivery on equipment supported.
- Maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation required by management, as outlined in current policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates initiative and concern for planning, time utilization and cost containment.
- AAS Degree in Biomedical Technology or equivalent in Military or experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Proficient in all skills required for a BMET I.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook required).
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.