Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Develop curriculum for laboratory equipment service training, teach laboratory equipment courses and provide technical support to Aramark Field Team. Serves as a reference source for laboratory staff with regards to appropriate procedures for the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Installs, repairs and calibrates most classes of laboratory equipment.
- Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories and supplies.
- Has advanced knowledge of testing methodologies employed by systems
- Works on complex laboratory equipment including but not limited to, molecular analyzers, DNA analyzers and high volume hematology and chemistry analyzers which are integrated to an automated line.
- Manage new system installations and capability growth.
- Develop new repair capability.
- Continuous improvement on repair efficiency
- Assist in building an efficient problem-resolution database for trouble shooting systems.
- Lead and manage the development of laboratory tools.
- Prioritize new repair development based on market trending.
- Uses office automation hardware, software and diagnostic service software appropriate to the equipment being serviced.
- Performs duties assigned in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains supporting technical literature.
- Maintain a strong understanding of compliance with codes, standards and manufacturer's recommendations.
- Demonstrates proficiency in lab safety practices.
- Assists in the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department.
- Maintains documentation required by management and as outlined by current policies and procedures. Documents time and expenses in a time and accurate manner.
- Supervises and maintains quality control of services provided by outside vendors.
- Fluent in and maintains current knowledge of pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that apply to the clinical equipment.
- Associates degree in laboratory equipment technology or electronics or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience with certification preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a LES II or equivalent.
- Working familiarity with CLIA, CAP, TJC accreditation standards required.
Knowledge of computer operations and networking.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.