Biomedical Technician 1
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responds to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, and perform repair and planned maintenance (PM) on customers' basic biomedical equipment. Drives customer satisfaction through service excellence.
1. Under supervision, evaluate basic customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs, and as assigned, perform PM and safety/environmental inspections.
2. May assist more experienced technicians on basic and more complex repairs/resolution.
3. Follow appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol, and completes necessary documentation.
4. Maintain daily communications with customers as directed, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to strong customer relations and ongoing customer satisfaction.
5. As instructed, implement GE/customer facility contract and supports business goals/objectives.
6. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within the assigned area.
7. When trained, able to share on-call responsibility.
8. Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule.
9. Ensure proper care of spares, tools, and test equipment, and ensure calibration.
10. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
11. Understand and utilize sources of help (i.e., manuals, tech support, Facetime app, online resources) to answer questions when performing PM.
12. Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements, and all other applicable regulatory requirements.
1. Associate degree in Electronics or Mechanical Principles; or High School Diploma/GED and one year military experience; or other equivalent formal training in maintaining electronics, electromechanically, and/or medical equipment; or qualified and participated in the formal GEHC Clinical Services Internship program as a GE employee.
2. Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner. 1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality and Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
4. Ensure all work orders, vendor service reports, time and expense reports, PM activities, purchase orders, and other duties are documented in an accurate and timely manner.
5. Ensure all test equipment is tracked and 100% calibrated on time.
1. One year of experience performing troubleshooting and PM on basic electronic, electromechanical or medical equipment following current standards, code, and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
2. Strong knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
3. Experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
4. Experience developing and maintaining good customer relations.
5. Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
6. Proficiency in completing electronic documentation using technological tools (e.g., Ipad, Iphone) and familiar with technological programs (e.g., Microsoft Office).
7. Change agent and process oriented.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Toledo, Tiffin, Willard
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.