Responds to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, and perform repair and planned maintenance (PM) on complex customer's biomedical equipment. Drives customer satisfaction through Service Excellence. Interfaces with customer department management, represents other departments as necessary, represents OUMI internally and externally. May, as part of their position, function as a supervisor. Essential Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
- Evaluate complex clinical/biomedical equipment issues, system integration, clinical network connectivity, high-end equipment maintenance and repair; implement appropriate repairs, perform PM and safety/environmental inspections, and maintain effective customer relations.
- Lead others as needed regarding appropriate policies, procedures, hospital protocol, and complete necessary documentation.
- Establish and engage in proactive daily communications with customers, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to strong interdepartmental relations and satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
- Implement facility business goals/objectives.
- Represent the interests of customer departments and the system at large, attend meetings to facilitate expansion and support of new equipment, systems, or integrations, while optimizing resources.
- Lead, instruct, and assist technicians on all levels of repairs/resolutions.
- Delegate tasks and perform certain administrative duties, including managing risk.
- Proactively reach out to others on team (e.g., provide help, share best practices, mentor others).
- Share on-call responsibility.
- Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule.
- Ensure proper care of spares, tools, and test equipment, and ensure calibration.
- Maintain approved parts inventory.
- Manage vendor's service delivery processes.
- Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
- May perform role of tower or team leader (e.g., direct activities of fellow BMET's, engage in a more interactive relationship with other departments, interact with leadership, participate in meetings or committees as needed).
- Meet or exceed The Joint Commission, State Department of Health and Human Services, Occupational Health and Safety requirements, and all other applicable regulatory requirements (FDA, CAP, etc).
- Aware of and comply with the Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
- Complete all planned Quality and Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
- Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
- Ensure all work orders, vendor service reports, time and expense reports, PM activities, purchase orders, and other duties are documented in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure all test equipment is tracked and 100% calibrated on time.
: Education and Experience:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a technical or medical field and 4 years of experience servicing every type of medical equipment; OR equivalent military education and 7 years of experience servicing every type of medical equipment; OR High School Diploma/GED and 10 years of experience servicing every type of medical equipment.
- Proficiency in completing electronic documentation using technological tools (e.g., Ipad, Iphone) and familiar with technological programs (e.g., Microsoft Office).
- Experience developing and maintaining good customer relations at all levels (e.g., nurses, doctors, leadership).
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to implement solutions through problem solving.
- Focus on efficiency, adoption or creation of standard work practices, LEAN
N/A Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Certified Biomedical Electronics Technician (CBET).
- Experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
- Experience in a hospital setting.
- Ability to analyze metrics and reports
- Able to think creatively and implement solutions/solve problems, even when unfamiliar with the task at hand.
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and leading others.
- Strong knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
- Change agent and process-oriented.
- Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
- Empower and inspire others.
- Ability to deliver results in a changing environment, ability to multitask, strategize, and
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom