GE Healthcare at http://www.gehealthcare.com provides transformational medical
technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable
healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough
challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery,
biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps
medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE
GBL SVCS NB
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responds to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, and perform repair and planned maintenance
(PM) on customers' basic biomedical equipment. Drives customer satisfaction through service
excellence. This role is based in Connecticut.
1. Under supervision, evaluate basic customer biomedical equipment issues, implement
appropriate repairs, and as assigned, perform PM and safety/environmental inspections.
2. May assist more experienced technicians on basic and more complex repairs/resolution.
4. Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
5. Follow appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol, and completes necessary
6. Maintain daily communications with customers as directed, to ensure resolution and proper
follow-up, leading to strong customer relations and ongoing customer satisfaction.
7. As instructed, implement GE/customer facility contract and supports business goals/objectives.
8. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within the
9. When trained, able to share on-call responsibility.
10. Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule.
11. Ensure proper care of spares, tools, and test equipment, and ensure calibration.
12. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures
regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
13. Understand and utilize sources of help (i.e., manuals, tech support, Facetime app, online
resources) to answer questions when performing PM.
14. Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements, and all other
applicable regulatory requirements.
1. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, or related field; OR equivalent military education; OR participant in the formal GEHC
Biomed/FE Services Internship or Military Externship program; OR High School Diploma/GED and
2+ years of experience servicing electrical, electronics, IT or mechanical equipment.
2. Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the
customer in an easy to understand manner.
3. The successful applicant must comply with GEHC's standard background check, including a
post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer
access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required
immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government
background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
4. Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35
lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand
for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level,
flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this
job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
5. Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including
weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary. Quality-Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality
Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job
2. Complete all planned Quality and Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the
4. Ensure all work orders, vendor service reports, time and expense reports, PM activities,
purchase orders, and other duties are documented in an accurate and timely manner.
5. Ensure all test equipment is tracked and 100% calibrated on time.
1. One year of experience performing troubleshooting and PM on basic electronic,
electromechanical or medical equipment following current standards, code, and procedures to
ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
2. Strong knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electromechanical
3. Experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned
maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
4. Experience developing and maintaining good customer relations.
5. Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a
solution-based service process.
6. Proficiency in completing electronic documentation using technological tools (e.g., Ipad, Iphone)
and familiar with technological programs (e.g., Microsoft Office).
7. Change agent and process oriented.
8. Exhibit the mentality that customers determine our success.
9. Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency
10. Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
11. Empower and inspire others.
12. Ability to deliver results in an uncertain environment, ability to multitask and prioritize.
Locations: United States ; Connecticut; Greenwich, Sherin
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.