GE Healthcare at http://www.gehealthcare.com provides transformational medical
technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable
healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough
challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery,
biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps
medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE
GBL SVCS NB
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responds to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, perform repair/planned maintenance (PM) on
progressively complex customer's biomedical equipment, and drives customer satisfaction through
Service Excellence. This role is based in Connecticut.
1. Evaluate complex, customer biomedical equipment issues, and implement appropriate repairs.
2. Perform planned maintenance (PM), safety and environmental inspections, and maintain
effective customer relations.
3. Follow and guide others as needed regarding appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital
protocol, and complete necessary documentation.
4. Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
5. Establish and engage in proactive daily communications with customers, to ensure resolution
and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
6. Implement GE/customer facility contract, supporting business goals and objectives.
7. Lead, instruct, and assist technicians on basic and complex repairs and resolution.
8. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within
9. Share on-call/pager responsibility.
10. Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule.
11. Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment, and ensure calibration.
12. Maintain approved parts inventory.
13. Manage vendors' service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies, as instructed.
14. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures
regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
15. May perform role of Site Leader (e.g., direct activities of fellow Biomedical Technicians
assigned to site, engage in a more interactive customer relationship, which may include Safety
Committee or other participation, with regard to overall account activity).
16. Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements, and/or all
other applicable regulatory requirements.
1. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of experience servicing medical equipment; OR
equivalent military education and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical or mechanical
equipment; OR High School Diploma/GED and 4+ years of experience servicing medical
2. Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the
customer in an easy to understand manner.
3. The successful applicant must comply with GEHC's standard background check, including a
post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer
access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required
immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government
background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
4. Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35
lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand
for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level,
flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this
job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
5. Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including
weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
1. Certified Biomedical Electronics Technician (CBET) desired.
2. Experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned
maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
3. Experience in a hospital setting.
4. Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a
solution based service process.
5. Change agent and process-oriented.
6. Strong knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electromechanical
7. Experience developing and maintaining good customer relations.
8. Proficiency in completing electronic documentation using technological tools (e.g., Ipad, Iphone)
and familiar with technological programs (e.g., Microsoft Office).
9. Change agent and process oriented.
10. Exhibit the mentality that customers determine our success.
11. Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency
12. Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
13. Empower and inspire others.
14. Ability to deliver results in an uncertain environment, ability to multitask and prioritize.
Locations: United States ; Connecticut; Greenwich, Sherin
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.