GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responds to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, perform repair/planned maintenance (PM) on progressively complex customer's biomedical equipment, and drives customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
1. Evaluate complex, customer biomedical equipment issues, and implement appropriate repairs.
2. Perform planned maintenance (PM), safety and environmental inspections, and maintain effective customer relations.
3. Follow and guide others as needed regarding appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol, and complete necessary documentation.
4. Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
5. Establish and engage in proactive daily communications with customers, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
6. Implement GE/customer facility contract, supporting business goals and objectives.
7. Lead, instruct, and assist technicians on basic and complex repairs and resolution.
8. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
9. Share on-call/pager responsibility.
10. Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule.
11. Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment, and ensure calibration.
12. Maintain approved parts inventory.
13. Manage vendors' service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies, as instructed.
14. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
15. May perform role of Site Leader (e.g., direct activities of fellow Biomedical Technicians assigned to site, engage in a more interactive customer relationship, which may include Safety Committee or other participation, with regard to overall account activity).
16. Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements, and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
1. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of experience servicing medical equipment; OR equivalent military education and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical or mechanical equipment; OR High School Diploma/GED and 4+ years of experience servicing medical equipment.
2. Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
3. The successful applicant must comply with GEHC's standard background check, including a post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
4. Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
5. Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
6. Must live within 50 miles of Valdosta, GA.
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality and Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
4. Ensure all work orders, vendor service reports, time and expense reports, PM activities, purchase orders, and other duties are documented in an accurate and timely manner.
5. Ensure all test equipment is tracked and 100% calibrated on time.
1. Certified Biomedical Electronics Technician (CBET) desired.
2. Experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
3. Experience in a hospital setting.
4. Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
5. Change agent and process-oriented.
6. Strong knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
7. Experience developing and maintaining good customer relations.
8. Proficiency in completing electronic documentation using technological tools (e.g., Ipad, Iphone) and familiar with technological programs (e.g., Microsoft Office).
9. Change agent and process oriented.
10. Exhibit the mentality that customers determine our success.
11. Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency
12. Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
13. Empower and inspire others.
14. Ability to deliver results in an uncertain environment, ability to multitask and prioritize.
Locations: United States; Georgia; Valdosta
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.