GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responds to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, and perform repair and planned maintenance (PM) on complex customer's biomedical equipment. Drives customer satisfaction through Service Excellence. May, as part of their position, function as a Site Leader.
1. Evaluate complex customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs, perform PM and safety/environmental inspections, and maintain effective customer relations.
2. Lead others as needed regarding appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol, and complete necessary documentation.
3. Establish and engage in proactive daily communications with customers, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to strong customer relations and customer satisfaction.
4. Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
5. Implement GE/customer facility contract and support customer and business goals/objectives.
6. Lead, instruct, and assist technicians on basic and complex repairs/resolution.
7. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within the assigned area (includes delegating tasks and performing administrative duties).
8. Proactively reach out to others on team (e.g., provide help, share best practices, mentor others).
9. Share on-call responsibility.
10. Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule.
11. Ensure proper care of spares, tools, and test equipment, and ensure calibration.
12. Maintain approved parts inventory.
13. Manage vendor's service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies, as instructed.
14. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
15. May perform role of site leader (e.g., direct activities of fellow BMET's assigned to site, engage in a more interactive customer relationship, interact with customer leadership, participate in a Safety Committee).
16. Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements, and all other applicable regulatory requirements.
1. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 4+ years of experience servicing medical equipment; OR equivalent military education and 4+ years of experience servicing medical equipment; OR High School Diploma/GED and 6+ years of experience servicing medical equipment.
2. Proficiency in completing electronic documentation using technological tools (e.g., Ipad, Iphone) and familiar with technological programs (e.g., Microsoft Office).
3. Experience developing and maintaining good customer relations at all levels (e.g., nurses, doctors, leadership).
4. Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
5. Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
6. Ability to work independently and as a team to implement solutions through problem solving.
7. The successful applicant must comply with GEHC's standard background check, including a post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
8. Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
9. Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
10. Willing to occasionally travel outside of assigned region. Quality-Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality and Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
4. Ensure all work orders, vendor service reports, time and expense reports, PM activities, purchase orders, and other duties are documented in an accurate and timely manner.
5. Ensure all test equipment is tracked and 100% calibrated on time.
1. Certified Biomedical Electronics Technician (CBET).
2. Experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
3. Experience in a hospital setting.
4. Ability to analyze metrics and reports (e.g., SED's).
5. Able to think creatively and implement solutions/solve problems, even when unfamiliar with the task at hand.
6. Experience coaching, mentoring, and leading others.
7. Strong knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
8. Change agent and process-oriented.
9. Exhibit the mentality that customers determine our success.
10. Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency
11. Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
12. Empower and inspire others.
13. Ability to deliver results in an uncertain environment, ability to multitask and prioritize.
Locations: United States; New Jersey, New York; Bayonne, NJ
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.