GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Biomedical Technician Intern
Products Logistics Repairs
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Build your career and experience advantages of working for the "World's Most Admired Company" (Fortune Magazine) offering opportunities for growth and career advancement!
In this role, the Biomedical Technician Intern will respond to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, perform repair and planned maintenance (PM) on basic biomedical equipment and drive customer satisfaction through Service Excellence. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtGOAwf2KqA
This position is located in Riverside, CA
* Under supervision, evaluate basic customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; as assigned, perform planned maintenance (PM), safety, environmental inspections and maintain effective customer relations. Follow appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation, as guided.
* Maintain daily communications with customers as directed, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction. As instructed, implement GE/customer facility contract, supporting business goals and objectives.
* May assist more experienced technicians on progressive repairs and resolution. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
* Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule. Maintain approved parts inventory. Manage vendor's service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies, as instructed.
* Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment formal instruction.
* Meet Health and Human Services, as well as Environment Health and Safety requirements.
* Current student or recent graduate of no more than 6 months from Department of Defense, Certificate, an A.S., B.S. or M.S. Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Imaging Technology or Mechanical Principles degree program.
* Must maintain a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher based on a 4.0 scale
* Previous exposure to troubleshooting equipment and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment following current standards, code and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of past employment, criminal history and educational background.
* Willing to take a drug test
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
* Must be willing to work in Riverside, CA during the school year and summer.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Previous experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
* Ability to develop and maintain good customer relations.
* Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
* Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
* Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment in the electronic field - resulting in knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
* Change agent and process oriented.
* Local candidates strongly preferred
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.