Bristol-Myers Squibb is a diversified specialty biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
The Bristol-Myers Squibb North America Capability Center is a state-of-the-art facility in Tampa, Florida, providing strategic capabilities for delivering end-to-end process excellence and innovation. The center provides high knowledge-based capabilities and services across multiple disciplines and is part of our ongoing efforts in continuous process improvement. At the North America Capability Center we continue to explore ways to simplify processes and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations.
The Biometric Sciences Statistical Programmer I provides elementary programming support to clinical project teams to support the development, regulatory approval and market acceptance of Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) products. This position is primarily responsible for the implementation of technical solutions for integrating, analyzing and reporting clinical data, including developing and troubleshooting code for these technical solutions. Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Role Requirements:
- Apply knowledge of the drug development process, clinical trial methodology, and common statistical terminology to support analysis and reporting of clinical data.
- Review key planning documents (e.g., statistical analysis plan, data presentation plan, data review plan) to ensure alignment with assignment objectives and requirements.
- Perform programming in accordance with project standards, programming conventions and programming specifications.
- Maintain simple to moderately complex programs and utilities in accordance with predefined specifications and BMS standards.
- Develop and debug simple to moderately complex programs for the analysis & reporting of clinical data.
- 0-3 years programming experience in industry, US Military or Academic environment. (Academic experience or related coursework will be considered towards experience requirements.)
- Rudimentary knowledge of SAS (Statistical Analysis Software): i.e. Base SAS product, with general computing knowledge related to clinical development activities preferred.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- Some clinical / statistical programming experience related to pharmaceutical clinical development.
- Knowledge of the drug development process, clinical trial methodology and statistics preferred.
- Experience with the Unix operating system.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, computer science or life sciences required.
- US military experience will be considered towards industry experience requirements.