Why Choose Dell's Enterprise Server Group?
See for yourself: https://youtu.be/Vh6PqxlbWgE
Dell has undergone a transformation in our business strategy to better position end-to-end solutions that solve businesses most pressing challenges. We are looking for individuals who can take information and knowledge of a business and parlay this into a business opportunity for Dell.
Dell is seeking*BIOS Software Development Sr. Engineer*to join our team in*Round Rock, TX*. You’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
- Responsible for the design and development of BIOS using a range of applicable technologies (e.g., programming languages, compilers, assemblers, debuggers, ITP's, Scopes, Logic Analyzers and other tools) and state-of-the-art software engineering methodologies
- Primary job responsibilities include the design, development, debugging, and testing of BIOS software for complex systems
- Work closely with a team of software engineers to deliver a high quality BIOS/UEFI firmware for Dell Server product line
- Participate in product development in all stages from planning and design to development and testing
- Ideal candidates should be proactive in managing work including meeting schedules, identifying risks, and delivering high quality software
- Requires BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or EE and 6 years of BIOS/UEFI or a closely related field.
- Qualified candidates must have good software design skills and be able to produce documentation related to software design at both a high and low level.
- Candidates should enjoy working in a fast moving, team oriented environment.
- Desired knowledge of PC architecture, BIOS development, Intel processor architecture, chipset programming, industry standards that affect BIOS, and buses common to PCs.
- Ability to use common software and hardware debugging tools.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
*Why work with us?*
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Engineering - Software Development Engineer*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *BIOS Software Development Sr.Engineer - Round Rock, TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000S07*