RESEARCHER OR SENIOR RESEARCHER, SAFETY AND EPIDEMIOLOGY
HealthCore, Inc., a health services research firm, is seeking a Researcher with experience in biostatistics or epidemiology to join our dynamic company. Founded in 1996, and now an independently-operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., HealthCore provides the health care system, biopharmaceutical industry, academia, and the Federal Government with "real-world" data to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of healthcare. HealthCore's projects range from retrospective to large-scale, prospective studies in the areas of drug, vaccine, and medical device safety surveillance, risk management, pharmacoepidemiology, health outcomes, pharmacoeconomics, and comparative effectiveness research.
We are currently seeking a Senior Researcher or Researcher to join our Safety and Epidemiology Life Sciences Research team to work in ourWilmington, DE, Andover, MA, or Alexandria, VAoffice. The Senior Researcher/Researcher will develop analytic plans and conduct statistical analysis in support of multiple pharmacoepidemiology, risk management, and medical product safety research projects for a portfolio of clients in the biopharmaceutical industry.
• Evaluate and analyze healthcare claims data using accepted statistical and biostatistical techniques.
• Investigates, analyzes, and evaluates complex statistical and programming issues. Determines proper methodology, testing standards, and evaluation process for research projects. Recommends and develops statistical approaches for use in analysis.
• Prepares detailed specifications for study databases and analysis files, consistency checks, tables, and figures; communicates requirements to the programming group.
• In collaboration with the research team, contributes to the design of research studies, develops analytic plans, conducts statistical analysis, performs quality control, and interpret the results; communicates with clients regarding statistical analysis issues.
• Plans statistical programming activities and schedules to provide project team with guidance on data management and data analysis timelines for projects.
• Leads and supports initiatives to improve efficiency and standardization in research analytics.
This position requires a masters or doctoral level degree or relevant education in health sciences and/or equivalent training in biostatistics, epidemiology, health services research, or a related field, plus experience (number of years of experience required depends on position level).
• Excellent analytical programming skills and modeling experience.
• Proficiency in SAS statistical software is required.
• Experience with healthcare claims data and knowledge of advanced statistical methods used in the evaluation of healthcare claims data.
• Strong attention to detail, adaptable to changing priorities, innovative in conducting statistical analysis, and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects to ensure their quality and on-time delivery.
• Excellent communication skills and work well in a team environment.
Working at HealthCore
In addition to a dynamic work environment, HealthCore offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits program including a 401(k) plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; discounted fitness club membership; life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance coverage; tuition assistance, an employee stock purchase plan and free parking. As an independently operating subsidiary of Anthem, HealthCore offers the resources of the nation's leading health benefits company in a small company environment.
HealthCore is headquartered in Wilmington, DE, midway between New York City and Washington, DC, with offices in Andover, MA and Alexandria, VA. To learn more about us or apply for a position, please visithttp://www.healthcore.com/.
Title: Biostatistician Researcher or Senior Researcher-Safety & Epidemiology-115933
Other Locations: MA-Andover, VA-Alexandria
Requisition ID: 115933
A little about us:
We have shared values and a similar mission.