If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions - join us.MedImmune
is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Bispecific Antibody Engineering and Development Scientist I/II inGaithersburg, MD
you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and ResponsibilitiesAs the Bispecific Antibody Engineering and Development Scientist I/II,
you will support the design and development of novel bispecific antibodies, including support of our current bispecific antibody pipeline from early research to IND filing. The candidate must have proved experience as demonstrated by publications, patents and/or patent applications with the design, engineering and application of bispecific antibodies. Experience with managing a team of scientists and associate scientists is preferred. The candidate is expected to coordinate efforts and define timeline and deliverables for bispecific antibody technology development, effectively communicate research results in-house and at conferences, and build open and collaborative relationships both internally and externally. The candidate is expected to perform cutting-edge, lab-based research that will directly impact the development of bispecific antibodies across multiple biologic programs. This position will be ideal for candidates wishing to combine their bispecific antibody engineering expertise with cancer biology and tumor immunology to discover novel biotherapeutic medicines.Essential Requirements
Bispecific Antibody Engineering and Development Scientist I
Bispecific Antibody Engineering and Development Scientist II:
- Ph.D. in Biological Science (Molecular Biology, Cell Biology Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry) or a related field with 3+ years post-degree experience in industry or academia.
- P h.D. in Biological Science (Molecular Biology, Cell Biology Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry) or a related field with 5+ years post-degree experience in industry or academia.
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Strong scientific background in bispecific antibody engineering.
- Ability to drive and influence projects through scientific expertise.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, including with peers across multiple disciplines.
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work in a matrix-managed environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly flexible team player with the ability to prioritize and work independently and/or in a team with limited supervision.
- Innovative thinking with high degree of scientific engagement and desire to explore novel applications of bispecific antibodies to address unmet medical needs.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law . AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.