Under general direction of the Manager of Applications Development, responsible for the analysis, development, integration, and maintenance of systems software - specifically focused on Microsoft .NET technology, generally in the realm of eCommerce. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops high level and detailed system design specifications to serve as a guide for system/program development.
- Codes, tests, debugs and documents complex programs, and enhances existing programs to ensure that data processing production systems continue to meet user requirements.
- Develops and maintains application design, program specification documents, and proprietary web applications.
- Identifies and resolves system defects during emergencies in order to provide continuous business operations.
- Interacts with project manager, business analysts and development staff regarding project status and user requirements to promote an environment with improved productivity and satisfaction.
- Provides technical leadership, mentoring and training for entry-level team members.
- Assists in scheduling, determining manpower requirements, and estimating costs to project completion in order to meet user requirements.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires some training in fields such as computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree program, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Thorough understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process is required
- Candidate must possess a minimum 5 years of Microsoft .Net based software development experience
- Deep knowledge and experience with C# programming language is required
- Hands-on experience in developing applications using Microsoft BizTalk Server is required
- Hands-on development experience in ASP.Net MVC 4/5 is required
- Experience with designing responsive web interfaces is strongly preferred
- Hands-on development experience in Entity Framework is a must-have
- Hands-on development experience in Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) is required
- 2 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server programming is required
- Experience in developing custom web parts and features using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 is required
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming & design and design patterns knowledge and its application is required
- Experience with design and development of service oriented architecture (SOA). Includes experience with Web Services, Remoting, SOAP and WCF.
- Experience in Content Management System (CMS) development is a huge plus
- Experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS) for version control is required
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Candidate must be detail- oriented and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to a prioritize a multi-stream work load and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- 75% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
- Associate is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.