Johnson Controls has an exciting opportunity for a proven Change Agent, the successful candidate will employ world-class Six-Sigma and Lean methodologies to drive Process Improvement and Cost-Reduction in all aspects of the Business. She/he will be responsible for reporting project status, driving results, and seeing projects through to completion. In addition, the candidate will provide leadership and mentorship to other LSS practitioners and business associates, in order to foster the Continuous Improvement culture throughout the organization.
Job Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Serve as Change Agent by partnering with Functional Leaders to define and to implement strategies to drive out Waste and Process Variation
- Collaborate with Management to identify and to execute LSS projects, in order to deliver significant Process Improvement and Cost Reduction to the Business
- Achieve Cost Reduction Targets with regular updates to Senior Management. This involves working with Finance to validate all benefits.
- Collaborate with other Business Functions to identify and to execute LSS projects, in both Operational and Transactional spaces
- Foster Continuous Improvement culture throughout the organization, by mentoring and assisting other LSS practitioners, and by sharing Best Practices
- Provide oversight for all LSS projects and conduct timely progress communications to all stakeholders
- Integrate LSS Best Practices in everyday business practices, including extending internal LSS strategies and tools to external channels (suppliers and customers), in order to provide additional value to the Business
- Assist MBB in identifying/facilitating LSS training for internal associates
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or related fields, from an accredited College or University, with a minimum of 5 years' experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time Black Belt experience.
- Lean experience in Operational and Transactional spaces.
- A proven track record managing multiple projects/programs using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies in operational and transactional arenas.
- 50% Travel (Domestic)
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.