Job Description: Johnson Controls
is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. Job Summary
Defines, designs and implements process improvement as part of the Johnson Controls Manufacturing System (JCMS); ensures integration and alignment vertically and horizontally across organization. Defines improvement projects aligned with business strategies and priorities. Facilitates and coaches improvement teams. Establishes and maintains performance metrics to measure program success. Installs process excellence support for program governance, project reviews, communications, training, certifications and rewards. Utilize Lean, Six Sigma and change management methodologies and have appropriate levels of certification for the role. Job Responsibility
Job Qualifications: Education/Experience
- Completes Black Belt projects, as assigned, with limited levels of Master Black Belt direction and support by leading teams in the application of Lean and Six Sigma tools to solve business problems.
- Leads and delivers large, complex Process Excellence projects/initiatives following Lean Six Sigma methods and concepts.
- Develops projects through the DMAIC or Kaizen methodology (whichever best benefits the business), while considering potential project risks.
- Contributes to the identification of projects that meet strategic objectives.
- Monitors complex monthly Process Excellence performance metrics to ensure that organization objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met.
- Displays continuously the characteristics of a change leader in the organization.
- Facilitates meetings with management to review and examine project progress.
- Ensures all financial models are properly approved by FP&A.
- Develops and trains site Blue Belts, Green Belts, management and their respective teams utilizing lean, continuous improvement, project management and business integration tools and concepts.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering or relevant discipline from an accredited university.
- Black Belt accreditation is required.
- Five or more years of experience supporting manufacturing to improve methods and processes.
- Demonstrated experience with Lean Manufacturing including leading Kaizen events.
- Proficient with use of computer and software applications including Minitab, Microsoft project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and AutoCAD a plus.
- Project management skills - Strong ability to complete projects accurately, within budget, and in a timely manner a plus.
- Highly developed mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma DMAIC and Lean techniques.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification a plus
- Inspire and Influence
- Change Leadership
- Strategic Thinking
- Collaborate Across Boundaries
- Customer Focus
- Enterprise Mindset
- Develop Talent
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.