Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Job Title: Estimator
Location: Andover, MA
Payroll Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for creating cost estimates, which requires defining material costs, labor costs, installation costs, and assistance in reviewing final with Sales and Operations. The estimates are related to the Building Automation (BAS) and/or Building Management Systems (BMS) required for a Data Centers mechanical and electrical systems. Collaboration with other Schneider Electric entities will be required at times when the BMS is integrated with a Data Center’s Power Monitoring and/or DCIM systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
• Prioritize estimates in order to meet sales schedule
• Prepare clear and concise estimates by gathering all necessary information, including prints and specs, and RFI’s, defining feasibility of projects and profitability
• Establish and maintain subcontractor and vendor relationships
• Coordinate and verify subcontractor quotations and scopes of work.
• Develop technical proposals, detailed scope letters and optimal system designs
• May attend sales calls, pre-bid meetings and site walk-throughs for potential projects
• Call on consulting engineers, general contractors, and mechanical contractors obtaining potential project information vital to future sales
• Negotiate with contractors in order to strengthen chances of project award
• Consults with Operations, Engineering and Sales groups throughout estimation process
• Generate preliminary construction schedule
• Attend various meetings throughout project, including hand-off and design review
• Reconcile final job costs
• Other duties may be assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. An individual must meet the minimum requirements as listed in each Qualifications subsection.
• Four-year (4) degree in a related technical field or related work experience
• No related work experience required
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent mathematical skills including, but not limited to Calculus and Geometry
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Access, Project, Word and Excel
• Strong organizational skills
• Capable of reading blueprints
• Good conceptual aptitude
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.