To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on installed customers to Control Systems
- Perform commissioning and startup of new to Control Systems to ensure proper operation
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair to Control Systems wiring, hardware and software
- Diagnose communication problems with control devices and other components
- Create, load, test, and tune system databases
- Install, replace and re-commission Control Systems devices, equipment and software
- Coordinate activities of subcontractors as required
- Provide on-site training to customers as needed
- Provides emergency and warranty service as required.
- Create and maintain test records and as-built documentation
- Conform to project site safety and housekeeping requirements
- Other duties may be assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. An individual must meet the minimum requirements as listed in each Qualifications subsection EDUCATION:
- Two-year (2) degree in a related technical field or related work experience
- 7 years related work experience required
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of HVAC, Building Automation, Energy Management or other building electronic control systems
- Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical drawings and symbols
- Ability to analyze system drawings and schematics
- Basic understanding of electrical installation practices and requirements
- Basic understanding of pneumatic controls installation practices and requirements
- Proficient in software applications including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Industry product knowledge desired. Schneider Electric product knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of BACnet, MODBUS and LON is also a plus.
- Basic understanding of network infrastructure and network communication systems
- Good knowledge of service procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to the ability to relate technical terminology to customers, listen effectively, and solicit input from others.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job: Moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc. Also, t ransporting of items such as system equipment and installation materials may be required . Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to a customer site environment. Employee may work in different environments including outside weather conditions while on various job sites. Must be able to climb ladders and lift 75-pounds unassisted.
May be required to report to work outside normal business hours, on holidays and on weekends
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.