Janssen Biotech, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Board Lawyer to support the U.S. Oncology business within the Janssen North America Pharmaceuticals Group.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 119,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
This position reports to the VP Law, Janssen Biotech, and provides general corporate legal support primarily to the U.S. Oncology business, though may also provide legal support to other businesses or centers of excellence within North America Pharmaceuticals.
As a member of the U.S. Oncology leadership team, the Board Lawyer main responsibilities include:
• Providing strategic legal advice to business partners on a wide range of proposed business initiatives and matters, in the areas of sales & marketing, medical affairs, patient access and support, health care compliance and privacy.
• Coordinating legal matters for the business; partnering with business clients, colleagues in the Johnson & Johnson Law Department and outside counsel, as appropriate; and supporting business opportunities while ensuring compliance with legislation, industry guidelines and internal policies.
• Assisting in the management of alliances with third party partners, and providing advice regarding the alliances to the Business Development group and Global Commercial Strategy Group on issues such as contractual interpretation, corporate governance and drafting and negotiating agreements.
• A Juris Doctor Degree with admission to (and current good standing with) the bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia is required.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience as an attorney for a commercial operating company or comparable legal experience in a functional role is required
• A minimum of eight (8) years of business experience required
• A good understanding of the healthcare market (preferably pharmaceuticals), including, legal, compliance and regulatory issues is required.
• A background in negotiating business transactions and working with alliances and joint ventures is preferred
• Excellent strategic and analytical skills and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment are required.
• Proven ability to provide outstanding legal services to a variety of senior executives is required.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills and an excellent track record of collaboration with colleagues is required.
• This position is located on-site in Horsham, PA, and requires some limited travel (10% of time) to New Brunswick, NJ, and Titusville, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
Corporate LawRequisition ID
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.