Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world. Description Position Summary:
Guest Services Workers- Outdoors working for Boat Rentals primarily perform Boat Instructor duties. Guest Service Workers will be knowledgable about the boats and will assista guest with boat instruction and operation. Guest Services Workers are flexible, willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme heat conditions and committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service. Guest Services Workers also provide a concierge service to the guests. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Guest Services Workers are required to check in and check out guests renting boats. Communicating basic boat usage and safety information to all guests renting boats ensuring all required paperwork is completed
- Guest Services Workers should be highly knowledgeable about the marina and the surrounding areas; acting as a concierge resource for all guests. This includes but is not limited to: retail, the lodge, food & beverage services, tours and activities.
- Guest Services Workers should assist customers in docking and piloting boats in and out of the marina
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints - always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- Maintain a positive attitude - always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Guest Services Workers must fully utilize all safety equipment and ensure proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques are adhered to
- Understand all machinery and chemicals used
- Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Identify maintenance and safety issues
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- Guest Services Workers report to the Boat Rentals Manager
- Guest Services Worker cannot be prone to motion sickness as they may spend hours at a time instructing on boats on the water
- Guest Services Workers must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
- Guest Services Workers must be comfortable being on their feet all day
- Previous customer service and boating experience preferred
- Strong English communication skills are required
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Guest Services Workers required must be willing to participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool
- May be required to drive company ATVs,Carts, and boats.
- Employee must be 18 years of age or older to drive ATVs or carts.
- Employee must be 21 year of age or older to drive company vehicles.
- Employee must have a current and valid US Driver's License
- Employee must be able to pass a background check (MVR).
Pre-employment background check is required for this position. Equipment Used:
Power Boats, Hand Truck, Pallet Jack, Water Pumping Tank Travel Requirements:
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Physical Requirements:
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.