Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Description: Position Summary:
The Boat Mechanic 3 employee performs a compilation of specialized duties and responsibilities which includes the roles of: marine mechanic level 3 and welder level 3. The Boat Mechanic 3 employee is flexible, has excellent trade skills, is willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme heat conditions and committed to delivering the highest quality of work possible. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Must be able to perform all Trade Position 2 duties
- Ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of dock and work area at all times
- Perform repairs and maintenance on boats, buildings, docks, engines, electrical etc...
- Perform plumbing, counter top replacements, paneling, carpentry, painting, plumbing, carpeting, and electrical
- Troubleshoot and repair major components
- Perform oil changes, rigging and operate boats and equipment
- Determine parts and materials needed to complete high level jobs
- Troubleshoot and repair components in an efficient, accurate manner
- Perform welding repairs on multiple metals such as stainless steel, aluminum and mild steel. Welds must pass pressure test
- Assist with construction projects when needed
- Boat Mechanic 3 employees must fully utilize all safety equipment, ensuring proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques are adhered to
- Understand all machinery, equipment and chemicals used
- Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Boat Mechanic 3 employees may be required to instruct, support and oversee Boat Mechanic 1 and 2 employees to ensure proper repairs are completed
- Boat Mechanic 3 employees may be required to consult with customers
- Work closely with other departments, this includes but is not limited to: the small boat dock, houseboat dock, boat repair shop and fuel dock staff; in order to support and ensure accurate trouble shooting and guest problem resolution
- Maintain a positive attitude - always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Exceptional customer service skills are needed when encountering guests to ensure a good positive representation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas is demonstrated at all times
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule
- Report to work in proper uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- Boat Mechanic 3 employees must be able to work physically hard, able to deal with constant lifting and bending
- Boat Mechanic 3 employees need to be comfortable working outdoors as they may encounter desert animals, which includes but is not limited to: mice, jack rabbits, snakes, bats etc...
- Boat Mechanic 3 employees cannot be prone to motion sickness as they may spend hours at a time working on boats on the water
- Boat Mechanic 3 employees must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
- Boat Mechanic 3 employees need to pay attention to detail, be strong team players and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong English communication skills are required
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be willing to participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool
- Must have extensive trade knowledge and experience in order to assist with Trade Position 2 duties when business requires it
- Must be a graduate of Mechanic / Welding Trade schools and or have factory certificates for Mechanic and or welding Level III achievement
- Must have a valid US Driver's License and pass a Motor Vehicle Record history check (MVR)
- Pre-employment background and drug test are required for this position.
Must have 3-5 years full service experience in Marine Mechanics and or Welding Must be OMC and MERC in/out board motor certified Equipment Used:
Hand Tools, Drills, Saws, Sanders/Grinders, Fork Lift, Crane/Winches, Ladder, Chase Boat, Hand Truck, ATV 4 Wheeler, Welding Machine, Other Machinery/Equipment Travel Requirements:
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
VERY HEAVY - Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 50 pounds or more. Physical Requirements:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.