Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Description: Position Summary:
The Boat Mechanic 1 employee performs a compilation of duties and responsibilities which includes but is not limited to: fiberglasser, marine mechanic, maintenance helper and welder. The Boat Mechanic 1 employee is flexible, willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme heat conditions and committed to delivering the highest quality of work possible. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of dock and work area at all times
- Prepare work orders with all pertinent information and process work orders to completion
- Select and prepare materials for fiberglass repair, painting and recoating steel pontoons with Bi-toxy. Mix resin with catalyst for temperature ranges. Ensure proper lay up for optimum strength and repair. Match gel coat and paint.
- Perform welding repairs on aluminum and mild steel for construction projects and equipment. Welds must pass pressure test
- Perform repairs and maintenance on company rental boats, engines, drive systems, electrical, generation, plumbing, heating/cooling, equipment and accessories. Replace components, perform oil changes, rig and operate boats and equipment
- Boat Mechanic 1 Employees must fully utilize all safety equipment, ensuring proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques are adhered to
- Understand all machinery and chemicals used
- Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Maintain a positive attitude - always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Exceptional customer service skills are needed when encountering guests to ensure a good positive representation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas is demonstrated at all times
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- Boat Mechanic 1 employees must be able to work physically hard, able to deal with constant lifting and bending
- Boat Mechanic 1 employees need to be comfortable working outdoors as they may encounter desert animals, which includes but is not limited to: mice, jack rabbits, snakes, bats etc...
- Boat Mechanic 1 employees cannot be prone to motion sickness as they may spend hours at a time working on boats on the water
- Boat Mechanic 1 employees must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
Hand Tools, Drills, Saws, Sanders/Grinders, Fork Lift, Crane/Winches, Ladder, Chase Boat, Hand Truck, ATV 4 Wheeler, Welding Machine, Other Machinery/Equipment Travel Requirements:
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
VERY HEAVY - Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 50 pounds or more. Physical Requirements:
For all Trade Position 1 employees:
- Strong English communication skills are required
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be willing to participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool
- Must have a valid US Driver's License and pass a Motor Vehicle Record history check (MVR)
- Pre-employment background and drug test are required for this position.
For Trade Position 1 employees performing Fiberglasser work:
- 1 years experience in fiberglass repair and shop environment - with working knowledge of lay-up procedures, gelcoat, painting, grinders and cutters
- Must be able to wear a respirator
- Must pass PFT baseline test
For Trade Position 1 employees performing Welding work:
- 3 years welding proven job experience or Trade School certified - with working knowledge and ability to use Heli-Arc and Oxy Acet Welding, cutting, grinding and safety equipment
For Trade Position 1 employees performing Marine Mechanic 1 work:
- Boat Operation knowledge is required
6 months mechanic and maintenance experience or trade school equivalent
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.