has an exciting opportunity in our Processing & Food Ingredients Division. We are looking for a Boiler Operator
to operate the boiler room, gas plant, and co-gen including start up and shut down. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be safety conscious, and use good judgment.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Conduct operation and control of the boilers, boiler plant systems including water testing, water flows, understand the function of the softeners, transfer pumps.
- Switch boilers from fuel oil and gas with limited supervision.
- Run the gas turbine and steam turbine, waste heat boiler in order to maintain proper efficiencies.
- Maintain all oil levels, pressures, and temperatures.
- Monitor the air/ nitrogen systems and tower cooling systems to maintain proper temperatures and pressures.
- Conduct continuous on-going inspections of key process points, make necessary adjustments to ensure correct operation of all machinery and equipment,(boilers, compressors, dryers, reformers, softeners, oil pumps, feed water pumps, soft water pumps, and all other related equipment).
- Fill chemical tanks as required and monitor levels and chemical residual (boiler chemicals, deaerator chemical tanks, cooling tower chemical tanks).
- Perform control analysis and adjust equipment accordingly to obtain proper quality in steam, hydrogen, nitrogen, air, electricity, water, and water discharged to the sewer.
- Test boiler water, condensate, and cooling tower water.
- Carry out or ensure that operating maintenance and lubrication is completed as required.
- Follow all established safety rules, processes and procedures
- Thoroughly and accurately complete all required paperwork and reports.
- May be required to deviate from normal process procedure in order that investigational studies can be carried out.
- Will be required to lift, use tools, shovel, sweep and mop.
- Keep all work areas clean, orderly and in safe condition.
- Perform any duties that may be assigned, during shutdowns the operator must perform special duties.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- State of MN 2nd Class B Steam Engineer’s License minimum
- Experience with operation and control of the boilers, boiler plant systems including water testing and adjustment of chemicals, water flows, understand the function of the softeners, transfer pumps
- Ability to spend considerable periods on feet including walking, standing, climbing steps, and climbing ladders.
- Ability to push, pull, and physically lift 50 lbs. from the floor, to the waist, and above the head. You may be required to work while squatting, kneeling, or crawling.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights up to 120 ft.
- Ability to work in noisy, dusty, and otherwise undesirable conditions.
- 1st Class Grade A License
- Experience in a food processing facility
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.